Inmobi vs Inneractive

28 replies [Last post]
ir8primates
User offline. Last seen 6 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

There must be something more to it than Corona just offering more ad options. So what the difference between inmobi and inneractive?

Replies

Omnigeek Media
User offline. Last seen 15 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Well for one, inneractive has a presence in our forums answering questions.

They claim to have better payouts and are emailing us to help us integrate.

I'm happy so far......

Danny
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

I am interested in as many opinions on the two (in this thread) as possible. We would love to hear how they are working out for you

naveen_pcs
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Some questions from me:

Where do you specify your Paypal email? Some people said that it's the email that you sign up with, but I see no evidence of this.

What are the ad sizes for iPhone, iPad, Android? It's hard to position the ads without knowing this.

Possible Bug: Ads won't position properly on the iPad. They position fine on Android and iPhone, but on the iPad, they're always near the middle of the screen (the same exact code works perfectly to position inMobi ads on the iPad).

Im not sure why the iPad is having such a hard time with this.

Another bug: When you tap an ad and it shows a webview, the touches on the webview still pass through to the game that's running underneath, even though the webview is currently fullscreen.

peach pellen
User offline. Last seen 7 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Alumni

003naveen, I'm currently trying to find out the payment stuff; I'll update this thread once I have a little more info.

For the possible bugs you mention I shall pass them along to the rest of the team.

Peach :)

peach pellen
Alumni

Hey again,

Still looking into other information but I have some info RE payments.

Currently the dashboard has no payment page but that is going to be added shortly. (They're working on a new version.)

Payments are via Paypal or wire transfer and once your account reached the payment threshold ($200) you will be contacted by a member of their team.

MikeHart
User offline. Last seen 3 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

200$ Treshold???? Way to high!

peach pellen
Alumni

You might consider providing them with that feedback, there's a form on their website.

orly
User offline. Last seen 6 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Hey Mike,

My name is Orly and I am an Account Manager within inneractive for Corona developers. Reaching $200 in revenues is not really hard.
We are running premium campaigns like Google, BMW, Groupon, Starbucks, appsfire and many more which generate high CTR and have a higher CPC.

I can also work with you on Ad Placement Strategy which will assist you on increasing your CTR.

Feel free to contact me for more info
orly@inner-active.com

orly

Hey guys,

Wanted to share with you a new article that was released today in TechCrunch with inneractive's info graphic.

This article is talking about screen size and it's correlation to CTR - ENJOY!

http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/15/in-mobile-advertising-does-size-matter/

Would love to hear your feedback :)

ir8primates

Hey orly,

Does your "presence" also include your own forum? It would be awesome if everyone could go to one place to find help. If you do, I'll keep looking.

I recently switched to Inneractive, because I am tired of playing "will inMobi work today". I followed the example found in the docs(minus the fullscreen ad), but I don't see a banner(x =0, y = 0), and the text ad just shows up as a solid white line that crosses the whole screen. The white line fades out and fades in every 60 seconds appropriately. Any idea whats going on?

Thanks in advanced.

orly

Hey ir8primates,

Sorry for the late reply, was out for holiday :)

Can you please send me this issue via email orly@inner-active.com with screen shots and the code that you have implemented so we will be able to see what might be the issue.

I was actually thinking of opening my own forum - might do that.
Have a great day.

nick_sherman
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Did we ever figure out how to prevent ads on the iPad showing in the middle of the screen? I've just had a go on my little cousins iPad and this is happening on my apps :(

I was going to try absolute x/y (1024 x 768) references rather than 480 x 320, but I don't have an iPad to test whether this will work.

Danny
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

You can test on the xcode simulator to see how the ad's look on the iPad

nick_sherman
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Thanks - I have now tested on the simulator and no matter what I set, adverts on the iPad don't appear where they should at the bottom of the screen, but about a third way down. Setting y=270 or y=700 makes no difference.

Build 705 btw.

ir8primates

Hey orly,

I completely forgot to take fillrate into account. As soon as I received the first banner ad, all issues went away on all the devices with or without an ad. I did remove text ads though. I can add them back in if you want and see if I still get the white line. I am also using custom text. Could that have been a problem.

weilies
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi orly, Peach,

We r hunger to know more bout inner-active
- can i know more bout fillrate if most of my traffic from asian?
- the ad is running in CPC/CPM?
- compare with inMobi, the sdk allow to set test flag so we can safely test click he AD, but inneractive doesnt, so will i get into trouble if i click the ad during development?
- i posted somewhere in the forum, fullbanner seems doesnt work for me
- inMobi large banner is so cool! 300x250 which is perfect enough to catch eyeball, when will inneractive come out with more ad option for iphone?

Weilies

wunderwuzzi
User offline. Last seen 44 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline

Does anyone have some current numbers on which is the better ad network when using Corona. InMobi or Inneractive?

--wunderwuzzi

peach pellen
Alumni

Hey wunderwuzzi - inneractive has been better for me personally. inMobi isn't bad but their fill rate is not so good and CTR was much lower than when using inneractive.

Just my experience.

havlen
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Wow. Wish I'd known about the $200 threshhold. That's horrible. It's basically them wanting to hold onto as much money as possible for interest.

Ever since implementing inneractive ads I've had the feeling I made a mistake. I feel like I just wasted a month of ad revenue. Glad I just implemented in a couple of apps to test.

Still might be an okay ad network when other networks don't fill the request.

schizoid2k
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Still not sure which way to go... any advice?

I've been having trouble signing up and entering my app info into inneractive, and so far it has not been resolved after 2 days or emailing.

I have not reied inmobi yet... is anyone happy using them?

Also interested in the revenue details of both services.

hapysnowie
User offline. Last seen 7 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

inMobi respond rate is around 2-3week
Jz be patient :)

havlen

@schizoid2k, don't forget AdMob. It's not officially supported and may not ever be officially supported, but there is a hack to get it to work and it seems to bring in much more than either of the supported ad networks.

schizoid2k

@hapysnowie - seriously, 2 weeks? I thought 2 days was a lot. My game is close to release and a delay like this stinks. If my game was out and there was a problem, then I lose money. I guess at the very least, I need a PLan B.

@havlen - thanks for the info. I will check it out. Are you sucessfully using AdMob? I would be interested in knowing how to get it to work with Corona. I will check out thier web site as well.

thanks!

deniz
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

hey pals,

Why dont you just use both networks together with a mediation layer?? This way you dont need to think about low fillrates, ad mediator take care of switching them if needed.

http://developer.anscamobile.com/code/ad-mediator-corona

mobilefun4me
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

@havlen is the admob hack available on-line?

schizoid2k

@deniz: Thanks... something that I will surely look into.

havlen

Here's some code for AdMob on android and iphone:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/03/20/got-admob-working-android

orly

Hey schizoid2k

Are you not able to log into your inneractive account and create an AppID?

Can you please send me your user name to my email for checkup
orly[at]inner-active[dot]com

Thanx

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.